Gargrave AFC

Silsden Whitestar Reserves 6 – 4 Gargrave Reserves

November 12, 2012

Silsden were extremely quick out of the blocks and took the lead in the first two minutes. Their corner was headed in by the Whitestar forward. More pressure was piled on with Gargrave struggling to get the ball out of their own half. When it eventually did a quick break away saw Andy Seddon through one on one with the keeper, his low shot trickled towards the goal keeper and to everyone’s amazement crept into the back of the net! The Gargrave striker wasn’t aware he had even scored!

The goal rallied Gargrave for a short while but the home side took the lead again when a deflected shot left the Gargrave keeper with no chance. Gargrave then went to pieces, defensive errors and some good finishing saw Silsden in no time at all score three more goals and they led 5-1 at half time. The second game in a row that Gargrave have trailed by this deficit at the break.

Silsden sat back in the second half and Gargrave pushed on to try and salvage something from the game. A neat one two between Gaz Lord and Andy Seddon saw Seddon grab his second goal of the game with a cool finish past the keeper. Gargrave were then caught on the break as they pushed men forward and a defensive mix up saw the Whitestar forward through on goal and he made the score 6-2 with a calm lobbed finish. Gargrave heads did not drop though and Andy Seddon completed his hat trick with a brilliant header. Richard Orme made the scores 6-4 with a well placed shot into the bottom corner. Gargrave turned up the heat and were extremely unlucky not to increase the scoring with Josh Town missing a speculative over head kick, Harry Mceneaney had his shot cleared off the line, Kristian Hodgson saw his free kick well saved and Gaz Lord missing a sitter from 3 yards out.

A spirited second half display from Gargrave made for a thoroughly entertaining game and the visitors were unlucky not to share the points on the day.


Got something to say?

Gargrave AFC